Ransomware and Data Protection: Growing need of an SME and Enterprises
As per surveys conducted by revered providers of cyber security services in Mumbai, in 2019 alone, businesses from all sectors in India suffered huge losses due to data breaches.
In most cases, established businesses tend to bounce back from the data breach but SMEs and start-ups suffer irreversible damages that force SME and start-up owners to close up their venture for good.
So, the answer to the above question is clear cut –
If you are the owner of a business then you need to invest in ransomware and data protection services.
How to protect against ransomware?
As per the opinion of a cybersecurity expert in Mumbai and one of the best disaster recovery solution providers in Mumbai, you can protect your business from ransomware with few simple steps. Here few steps you should consider while protecting your data from Ransomware.
- You need to make sure that you are always backing up your business-critical data at a secure and remote location probably under the roof of a dedicated data protection and ransomware protection service provider. In this way, even if the data you have at your place of business is breached, you can always bounce back from the event in no time.
- You need to make sure that every terminal in your place of business has protection from a reliable ransomware protection software.
- You need to make sure that every terminal in your place of business is running on the latest OS and their security software has the latest updates.
- Always make sure that you are not clicking on suspicious links or encrypted attachments in emails sent from unknown email IDs.
- Make sure that your workforce is trained to refrain from accessing websites that have a poor online reputation.
- Always make sure that you or your employees do not access your company data from public Wi-Fi networks. If remote accessing business-critical data is a must then you or your employees should make it a habit of using a VPN.
- Always refrain from attaching unauthorised portable storage devices such as USB flash drives or portable hard disks to the terminals in your place of business.
Using Anti-ransomware software to Protect your Business
As per the collective opinion of experts associated with companies offering security assessment services in Mumbai, anti-ransomware software comes with a lot of benefits.
Some of them are as follows –
- Anti-ransomware software blocks infected files when they are unknowingly downloaded or streamed thanks to the real-time protection this category of software offers.
- Anti-ransomware software also detects and blocks ransomware by subjecting all the terminals in your place of business to background scans so that your business is protected from both localised as well as remote ransomware attacks.
What to look out for when creating backups?
Just be sure to follow the tips mentioned below –
- Back up your data so that your business can bounce back after suffering a data breach in no time.
- Always partner up with a revered data protection service provider for all your data protection and data backup needs.
Is Backup software is necessary Data Protection
According to the experts at Network Techlab – the trusted Palo Alto partner in Mumbai for countless businesses, a backup software is meant for making the process of data protection a seamless one for businesses of all sizes and ages.
Hence, a backup software can be labelled necessary for data protection.
Just be sure to be selective about the privileges your trusted backup software enjoys in your business. Furthermore, make sure that the backup software is developed by a reputed brand and also comes with a stellar online reputation.
Ways to protect your business-critical data
There are several ways to protect your business-critical data.
Some of the most effective ones are mentioned below –
Protect data with technology best practices
Cyber threats are always evolving.
Hence, take help from a company that offers data protection services and ask their experts to review and reconfigure the IT infrastructure of your business in a bid to plug virtual access points through with ill-doers can gain unauthorised access to your business-critical data.
Employ effective backup strategies
It is important to make sure that you have a copy of all the important files your business generates or requires stored at a secure location such as the cloud servers of a revered company that offers your business data storage and recovery solutions.
Taking help from a dedicated cloud data storage and retrieval service provider keeps your business-critical data safe as unauthorised access to the information will be kept at bay.
Well, revered data storage and retrieval service providers take all the necessary steps to keep instances of a data breach at bay.
Educate employees to secure the endpoint
You would need to make sure that your workforce is trained to secure business-critical data by implementing the best practices mentioned below –
- They must make sure that the terminals assigned to them are running on updated security and OS patches.
- They must make sure that the company email server is properly configured so that all suspicious emails are contained or removed before they can release their threat payload.
- They must look out for compromised terminals and take measures as soon as they identify a compromised node so that the same cannot infect the whole IT infrastructure of your business.
- They must not click on links or open encrypted attachments sent to their terminal from suspicious points of origin.
- They should not connect the terminals in your place of business to devices that are unauthorised such as their personal cellular devices or portable storage devices.
For more details, feel free to get in touch with Network Techlab – one of the best endpoint security service providers in Mumbai with a business history of more than 25 years. You can reach the spokespersons of NTIPL by calling at +91-8879004536 or by sending an email at email@example.com.
You can also visit the corporate office of NTIPL at 41, Sarvodaya Ind. Est., Off. Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093.