Top Cloud Security Priorities That Shouldn’t Be Missed By Any CISO
The majority of businesses these days have adopted cloud technology and the reason is simple – it allows a company to have more control and flexibility and at the same time the overhead costs also reduced significantly.
In this context, it is also important to keep in mind that cloud technology has its fair share of drawbacks as well and the most noteworthy of them is cloud security.
Why cloud security is important?
Businesses often rely too much on their cloud service provider when it comes to cloud security solutions. This is, most of the time, a case of missing information as the cloud service provider does not know whether the IT infrastructure of its client is compromised from the get-go due to the absence of the latest security patches or the latest OS as well as security applications. Many Cloud Solution providers clearly mention that security is the shared responsibility.
Hence, a business will remain vulnerable even if its cloud security service provider is taking all the precautions to keep the service impermeable. According to a security specialist associated with a leading provider of security assessment services in Mumbai, this is the reason why a business needs to take ownership of its cloud security and keep itself from becoming the victim of –
- Data loss
- System breaches and
- DDOS attacks.
So how can a business take ownership of its cloud security needs?
Well, it is simple!
All one would need to do is seek assistance from a public cloud security assessment service provider as soon as possible and let the specialist allow the company in question to gain back control over the security of its cloud infrastructure.
Best practices for cloud security responsibilities
There are countless ways to fulfill the cloud security responsibilities of your business and according to the inputs of the owner of one of the leading cloud storage providers in Mumbai; you can do the following –
In case you have SaaS security then the best practices are –
- You need to choose an experienced service provider
- You need to make use of multifactor authentication (MFA) wherever you can
- You need to make sure that all data transactions are encrypted.
In case you have IaaS security then the best practices are –
- You need to consider all possible data encryption methods depending on the sensitivity of the data that needs to be transferred or received at any given point in time.
- You need to have a custom IaaS security checklist that will allow you to carry out consistent patching as well as efficient access control procedures.
In case you have PaaS security then the best practices are –
- You need to carry out threat modeling and at the same time, deconstruct application designs. These will help you to identify vulnerabilities and patch them up from the get-go.
- You need to make sure that the infrastructure of your company is portable by ensuring that the same is written in common programming languages such as C, Python and Java. This will keep you away from the scenario where you need to depend on a handful of service providers.
What are some cloud security challenges?
There are plenty and as per an expert associated with one of the top providers of cyber security services in Mumbai, some of them are as follows –
- Lack of visibility – since cloud services are also accessed outside of the corporate network, you do not have knowledge about the users who are accessing the data.
- Multitenancy – since public cloud services will be accessed by multiple clients using their respective cloud infrastructures, it is pretty easy for your cloud infrastructure to get breached no thanks to lackluster security at your client’s end.
- Access management and shadow IT – you can access the control of your cloud infrastructure within the premises of your business but what about when the same infrastructure is being accessed remotely by your offsite employee or client from a compromised terminal?
- Misconfigurations – a misconfigured network can easily act as a backdoor for black hat hackers to gain access into your cloud infrastructure and harm the same. The absence of privacy settings or the presence of default administrator passwords is some of the worst cloud security mistakes!
What types of cloud security solutions are available?
There are many ways a company can secure its cloud infrastructure. As per the opinion of a spokesperson associated with a leading provider of cloud backup services in Mumbai, the most effective ones are mentioned below –
- Identity and Access Management or better known as IAM allows a business to make use of enforcement protocols that are compliant with the business policy for both external and internal users who want to access on and off-premise cloud services.
- Data Loss Prevention or otherwise known as DLP is a set of services that consists of certain tools as well as services that keeps the data of a business secure from malware attacks and corporate espionage.
- Security Information and Event Management or otherwise known as SIEM is the most comprehensive cloud security solution as it keeps the cloud infrastructure of a company safe through automated threat monitoring, access control and encryption using Artificial Intelligence.
- Disaster recovery solutions allow a company to quickly bounce back from a malware attack or from lost data due to manmade disasters as well as acts of God. In this way, a business will not lose its face among its target audience and at the same time, it will be able to keep itself away from downtimes.
Who can help?
Network Techlab can help with all your cyber security requirements.
The company is one of the top cyber security services company in Mumbai that is also a public cloud security assessment specialist. The company has been in the sector for more than 25 years.
Their public cloud security assessment services will allow your business to make the most out of the quick build and deploy approach. This will ensure that your business remains safe in the digital realm all thanks to their API-driven tools and services.
Keep the sensitive data of your business safe all the while keeping tabs on network threats in a bid to keep malware attacks at bay! Subscribe to their public cloud security assessment services today and make the most out of their rule-based security policies and industry-leading machine learning.
Whether you need cloud backup for business in Mumbai or security measures to keep the digital footprint of your company safe on the internet, assistance from the experts goes a long way. For more details about cloud security priorities, feel free to contact Network Techlab – the experts in the sector, by sending them an email at email@example.com or by calling them at +91-8879004536/ +91 22668 14141 / +91 22405 64141. You can also head over to their headquarters located at 41, Sarvodaya Ind. Est., Off., Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]