For An Effective Work From Home: Digitize your Documents
In today’s situation, most of the people find themselves working from home, which happened unexpectedly. Whether it is a large, medium or small organization, all the industries are in the situation of figuring out how business activities will work while all the employees are practicing social distancing.
There is are major issues which can affect the productivity of employee while working from home, i.e. Paper. All the physical documents having all the records, approvals, invoices and many more other important documents. The biggest challenge is all the paper documents are in the office and we cannot get that. Now what?
Let’s find how the Digital Workplace is beneficial?
The main principle of an intelligent Information Management is to “digitize everything that moves.” The documents which actively support the business must be scanned by the organizations and keep -digital documents whenever possible.
The organizations will experience multiple benefits by digitizing the paper documents into digitized document such as:
- Remote Access: The authorized users can access the digital documents from whenever and wherever they are.
- Simultaneous Access: Multiple people can acces a digital documents or files simultaneously with some tools and can make changes in the same document simultaneously.
- Faster Access: Properly stored and managed digital documents can be found and accessed almost instantly. This in turn improves the efficiency of customer service and application processing.
- Improved Security: Security is often better for digital documents: access controls can provide flexibility and ensure only authorized users can access a particular document.
- No More Lost Files: It’s also harder to lose or misfile a digital document compared to a physical one – and easier to find if there is an issue with, say, the name or customer ID because you can search in multiple ways.
- Physical Space Savings: Paper documents require physical space where they can be stored, whereas digital document does not require additional physical space other than the devices in which it is stored.
- Disaster Recovery: It is very much inexpensive to make backup copies of digital files rather then thousands or millions of paper files. You can create multiple copies of a digital document and store them on cloud and access them from anywhere.
The better approach continues to be to “digitalize” your core business processes that keeps born-digital documents digital and leverage individuals, processes and technology to simplify and automate how work gets done. However, if you have got bequest paper documents that are still being accessed often, you should undoubtedly take into account of scanning them. And if you often receive paper documents, you must scan them as early as possible in this process you are processing the documents in digital format, which can be quicker and cheaper.