Network Techlab (I) Pvt. Ltd. helped a leading finanacial advisory company to improvement with Cyber Security and Stregthen Network Security.
A Leading Financial Advisory Company, secured their Networking and now ready with zero day atack protection from Network Techlab
A Leading Finanacial Advisory Company
NGFW and Cyber Security Solution
Overview: A leading finanacial advisory company of india, is a well-diversified financial services company focused on wealth creation through knowledge. The company was founded in 1987 as a small sub-broking unit with two members and now is a team of 5000+ employees.
This network of business locations coupled with people across business units and a diversed range of financial expertise works in synergy to provide a host of products and services across Retail and Institutional Broking, Private Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Asset Management, and Home Finance. All these businesses are headquartered in a single location at Motilal Oswal Tower, Mumbai to provide sharing and synergy of knowledge under one roof.
Brief detail about the dilemma/complication/situation/issue?
Customer was using traditional Firewall for their perimeter security on which critical trading applications running on multicast were behind this traditional firewall with no basic security, proper visibility and reporting.
As they din’t have basic Security Solution for their critical applications, they also didn’t have solution for modern attack (Zero day attack) solution.
What are the key areas of the complication/dilemma/issue?
To migrate Traditional firewall with Palo Alto NGFW, the key area is to enable all proper functioning of all the important trading applications and also multicast should work properly on the new NGFW firewall solution.
Secondly there were few Site to Site VPN tunnel which should come up without the support of peer side which is again critical to migrate.
What were the challenges faced during the resolution of the complication?
Challenges we faced here was for the multicast traffic, so initially in the dry run activity multicast was working in the parallel setup. But when we made firewall live in network, multicast was working intermediate, thus previous firewall was only doing multicast forward but when we made Palo Alto live in network it worked in route mode and not as forward mode.
How was the issue/complication resolve?
To resolve the multicast issue, we checked the flow of the multicast and also checked the configuration of the routes and switches above & below Palo Alto. Based on their current setup we configured multicast on Palo Alto NGFW and which then started working.
- Detailed visibility of the traffic flowing in their network and details about each application, user, URL etc. was provided
- All the traffic is been scanned for the threats and firewall block. Any critical, high and medium severity threats are getting scanned now
- With Wildfire subscription now being activated, a verdict of unknown threats is possible just in 5 minutes
- Visibility of the already comprised user and trying to connect to command and control URL, as URL filtering is also activated. Multiple categories like Malware, Command-and Control, Phishing is also created
- On-box detail reporting of application is provided. Daily, Weekly, Monthly user and threat reports are created and scheduled to IT Team to take necessary action
- Best Practice Assessment (BPA) process implemented. Audit is done to check that firewall is configured as per a Best Practice to validate the value on the investment.
Network Techlab (I) Pvt. Ltd.
41, Sarvodaya Industrial Estate, Opp. Paper Box, Off. Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093. India
P: 022-6681 4141 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.netlabindia.com
Mumbai | Navi Mumbai | Ahmedabad | Vadodara | Vapi | Pune | Bangalore | Chennai | Goa | Delhi | Kolkata